Play Rock Bottom Slot
Rock Bottom is a volatile psychological urban slot from NoLimit City, and it plays out on a 3-4-4-4-3 grid with 576 win ways. You get xSplit symbols that turn wild while splitting character symbols, and both the Headshrinker and Insanity bonus rounds come with a level-up system that provides expanding symbols. The max win is 19,690x your stake, and our full review is available below the demo game.
Best Online Casinos
It seems we did not find Rock Bottom on casinos that are available in your country. Please check our Top Online Casinos list.
Rock Bottom slot Big Win December 2022
A player from South Korea won the biggest prize on the Rock Bottom slot on December 30, which turned his bet of 200 KRW into nearly 4 million! Take a closer look at that unbelievable payout below.
5 Scatter symbols appeared on the grid and awarded 10 Insanity Spins.
The gambler landed multiple big wins throughout the bonus round and additional Scatter symbols kept him afloat, bringing extra free spins.
The bonus dragged for more than 30 spins, and as far as the total win exceeded 1,969x the base bet, the xCap feature was triggered.
Luckily for the player, a 10x Multiplier was revealed, which increased the total win to a mindblowing 3,938,000 KRW.
Rock Bottom Review
The game tagline sets the tone in this bleak NoLimit City release, and it states ‘just because you’ve hit rock bottom doesn’t mean it can’t get worse’. Rock Bottom is set in a gloomy back alley in what looks like nocturnal New York, and you get to meet 5 sinister characters that take you on a journey through the 5 stages of grief. It’s a downfall story of loss, and you might recognize some of the characters if you take a closer look.
The Robert DeNero in Taxi Driver lookalike represents “anger”, while the flamboyant gay Freddy Mercury double represent “denial”. A pimp who looks like Prince represents “bargaining”, and the Tina Turner prostitute “depression”. A clown finally leads you into “acceptance”, and the journey goes through both a Headshrinker and Insanity bonus round for payouts up to 19,690x your stake.
Rock Bottom Slot Features
The Flush Bet (xBet) can be switched on/off between base game spins, and it costs 50 % more per spin to keep it on. The benefit is that you are guaranteed to land 1 scatter symbol on reel 2 on every spin. This increases your bonus round hit rate from 1 in 198 spins to 1 in 90 spins. The premium character symbols pay between 2.5 and 7.5 x your stake for 5 of a kind, and there is no regular wild symbol in this game.
Wilds can be generated, however, and the core function is to step in for pay symbols to help complete wins. You can land the xSplit symbol on reels 2 to 4 in the base game, and they become wild when they split. Character symbols on the same row on the middle reels are also split, or on adjacent positions on the last and first row. Characters can be split up to 3 times, to size 2, 4, or 8, and scatters, other xSplit symbols, or low-value symbols are unaffected.
You can land the bottle and pills scatter on any reel in the base game, and you need 3-4 in view to trigger the Headshrinker Bonus Round. Landing 5 scatters triggers the Insanity Bonus Round, and you get 5 free spins either way. You also get +1 extra spin per position the triggering scatters are nudged to reach the bottom row, and scatters serve double duty as wild symbols.
Both bonus rounds play out on a 3-reels grid, where only character symbols, scatters, and/or blanks can appear. You level up the feature for every 5th scatter you collect, and the Headshrinker feature can go from level 1 to 5. Each level up makes sure another character symbol fully expands when it lands, and this happens in chronological order from low to high.
Character symbols that remain on a level above the current have their win multiplier increased by +1 each time their respective symbols hit. You can keep track of this on either side of the active grid, and the multiplier applies to winning combos with the multiplier upgraded symbols.
Everything is the same in the Insanity Spins round, but now all expanding symbols act as wilds. In addition, the expanded symbols multiplier is added to a new symbol type when you win, and collected scatters give you +1 extra spin (and you get +2 extra spins when you level up).
If you win at least 1,969x your stake, you trigger the xCap feature. This is basically a pick game with no downside, and you’ll reveal multipliers of x2, x3, x5, x7, or x10 that boosts your total win. Just to be clear, you cannot lose your achieved win by making picks, as this is not a gamble feature. This Choose your Downfall game can crack the The 5 Stages of Grief max win screen if you reveal the x10 multiplier.
There is a Bonus Buy menu available in certain jurisdictions, but not in the UK for sure. Simply hit the yellow Star Icon, and you can purchase the Headshrinker Spins round for 75x your stake (RTP of 96.1 %). You need to pay 500x your stake for the Insanity Spins round (RTP of 96.18 %), or you can pick the random Lucky Draw that gives you a 20 % chance of the Insanity Spins and 80 % chance of the Headshrinker round (RTP of 96.36 %).
The 200 Spins Rock Bottom Slot Experience
You get to see a few base game spins, before we decide to switch on the Flush Bet feature. This nudged things in the right direction for us, as we triggered the Headshrinker Spins round organically not long after (or at the 1-minute mark, to be precise). We got 9 free spins for starters, and you can see for yourself how it went by hitting the play button below.
It’s nice to see a NoLimit City release where the volatility and insanity is toned down just a little bit, and by the latter we’re mostly referring to the game mechanics. Rock Bottom is hardly their most controversial, nor their best, release this year, and that’s saying something given the subject matter and the overall build quality. We got “dark side” Hacksaw Gaming vibes from this release actually, and we don’t mind the developer experimenting with a somewhat different form.
Humorous elements, like the characters resembling famous people, takes the edge off the bleakness, and you’ll have no trouble knowing what’s going on in the base game. The complexity is increased a bit in the bonus rounds, which is hardly unusual, and the 19,690x win cap has a 1 in 35m spins hit rate. The rate increases to 1 in 280K in the Headshrinker round, and 1 in 9K in the Insanity round. Where other developers would release a shelf-filler, NLC releases a game that’s still way above average.
- Flush Bet increases FS hit rate to 1 in 90 spins
- xSplit symbols generate wilds and split characters
- Headshrinker and Insanity FS tiers w/ level ups
- xCap feature from 1,969x win (up to x10 multiplier)
- Win up to 19,690x your stake (1 in 35m probability)
- Beware of customizable RTP ranges
If you appreciate Rock Bottom Slot you should also try:
The Bowery Boys - is a Hacksaw release that’s clearly inspired by Gangs of New York (2002), and it comes with a scatter pay system where keys unlock prizes up to 250x each. This is a pending win that can be boosted by up to x100, and you get 3 different character-driven bonus rounds. The max win is 10,000x your stake.
Punk Rocker - is another popular NoLimit City installment that’s spun around famous characters, or at least the punk version of them. You’ll benefit from xWays mystery reveal symbols, as well as a sticky wilds respins feature. There are 2 bonus rounds that come with plenty of modifiers, and you can win up to 15,072x your stake.
Hooligan Hustle - is a cartoon-style riot slot from Play’n Go, and the symbol split mechanic can award up to 248,832 ways to win. The modifier Rumble Row reel can help you out as well, together with mystery symbols. You get 3 options when the bonus round triggers, and this can lead to payouts up to 10,000x your stake.
Video and Image gallery
No comments so far, login to write the first one!
Rock Bottom Slot FAQs
What is the RTP of Rock Bottom?
The top-tier Rock Bottom RTP of 96.04 % is just around average. However, operators can adjust the RTP down to 94.02, 92.31, or 87.0 %, depending on the market.
How volatile is Rock Bottom?
This is a high volatility installment from NoLimit City, but not as extreme as usual. It scores 8 out of 10 on their own volatility scale.
What is the biggest win possible?
You can win up to 19,690x your stake in Rock Bottom, and you need “only” a 1,969x win to trigger the xCap feature. This can boost your win by up to x10, with no risk of losing anything.
Is there a free spins mode in Rock Bottom?
Yes, both the Headshrinker and the Insanity bonus rounds play out similarly, but the latter comes with expanding symbols that turn wild.
Can I play Rock Bottom Slot for free?
Yes, you can try the free Rock Bottom demo game at the very top of this page (UK players must verify age first).
Sorry, Rock Bottom is not available for this market. In total, we scanned casinos at 54 in various markets. Rock Bottom is available in 36 countries. The markets with the highest number of casinos are: FI, NO, DE, NZ
|Country||Scanned [i]||With Game [i]||In Lobby [i]||SlotRank [i]||Action|
Show All Countries (36)
SRP [ i ] : 34.06%
For Last 4 Hours:
Bets (EUR): 177€
Wins (EUR): 39€
Rock Bottom Attributes
|RTP:||94.02% [ i ]|
|Hit Frequency:||31.3[ i ]|
|Max Win:||x19960.00 [ i ]|
|Min bet $, €, £:||0.2|
|Max bet $, €, £:||150|
|Features: Additional Free Spins, Bonus Bet, Buy Feature, Expanding Symbols, Locked Reels, Multiplier, Random multiplier, RTP range, Scatter symbols, Splitting Symbols, Stack, Symbols collection (Energy), Wild|
|Other tags: Black, Gray, Clown|
|Game Size:||37.3 MB|