Monster Blast slot review
Join the candy monster gang in a cool adventure to the sweety universe with the brand new Monster Blast slot by Skilzzgaming. Monster Blast is not a typical slot where you have to spin the reels for a chance to get rewarded. The game comes with a unique pay system and features loads of interactive and exciting features to ensure you don't get bored during the session.
Monster Blast is visually superb. The first thing that comes to mind at first glance is the legendary Candy Crush Saga. The reels are packed with candies and sweets of various shapes and colors, as well as the mechanics, which are pretty similar to the above-mentioned game. The reels are set against a treehouse, where lovely monsters' accommodation, to say so. Behind it, windswept plains and hills strewn with numerous lollipops, candies, and toppings make up the backdrop.
Monster Blast - Technical Info
The actions take place across a 5x5 sized layout with Cluster Pays mechanic. Tap the clusters to blast candies and fill the collection bars. The clusters require at least 3 adjacent symbols vertically or horizontally. Feed the monsters with tasty candies and incarnate their sweetest dreams since the happier they are, the more rewards you gonna get. There are 5 kinds of candies that can appear on the reels and each candy bar is filled by blasting 7 instances of the same candy. Full candy bars award following prizes:
- Red Candy - 0.5x of the bet.
- Yellow Candy - 1x of the bet.
- Purple Candy - 2x of the bet.
- Green Candy - 5x of the bet.
- Brown Candy - 10x of the bet.
Players drop in by setting a bet from 0.8$ to 100$ per round. The RTP is set at 95.11%, which is slightly lower than the average level within the industry, though, everything depends on your wit since it's up to you to form winning combos and blast the tastiest sweets. Thus, the max winning potential varies every round as you can score a different number of points to fill the collection bars, however, 10x payouts are not the most precious reward you can hope for since luckily Skillzzgaming saturated their brainchild with a wide variety of lucrative features.
Monster Blast - Bonus Features
Before pressing the 'play' button, we strongly recommend you to check out the interactive menus on the start screen. The hamburger-icon menu gives access to the paytable, where you can get acquainted with all the in-game features as well as get familiar with the rules. However, the most important and interesting menus can be found at the bottom-left corner of the screen, where you can check out the missions a.k.a. achievements by clicking on the 'to-do list' icon. Completing the missions will give you awesome rewards to help you progress faster. You can proceed to the monster selection menu by pressing the 'M-letter' button, though, you'll have to spend a while in Monster Blast to unlock the characters.
As you play the game and finish objectives, you'll collect stars, which are the key to leveling up. Each tile blasted during the session gives a star, though, the progression is saved and bonuses remain available when restarting the game. In order to get access to selecting all the bizarre monsters, you'll have to upgrade to level 27. Moreover, the monsters are not only cosmetic, but they also feature lucrative extras to help you earn decent rewards.
There are 9 monsters in total, and each one, except for the first one, has its own unique bonus that can be activated by blasting a cluster of bonus symbols.
- Cream. Comes with no special bonus, notwithstanding, he's cute :)
- Noodle. Unlocks at level 2. Blasting the bonus cluster will award you with a chocolate cake and a decent payout of 5x of the bet.
- Sheldon. Unlocks at level 5. Gives you 10 free games, though, you won't be able to earn stars and no bonus symbols are available during free rounds.
- Timmy. Unlocks at level 8. Gives you a selection of six tasty cupcakes, each one having a mysterious cash prize. After selecting the preferred cupcake, a special topping with a random multiplier will be added.
- Toes. Unlocks at level 11. Comes with a bonus mini-game where you have to blast clusters of chocolate-chip cookies. Each popped cluster advances you through one obstacle, which also may contain a hidden multiplier. The bonus game comes to an end when no more clusters are left to blast, and the last obtained multiplier will be your prize.
- Miss Eye. Unlocks at level 15. Blasting the bonus tile will grant you five free winning games. Moreover, special bonus symbols may appear on the reels, by blasting which you'll get a chance to multiply your bet by up to 5x. Same to Sheldon's bonus game, you can neither earn stars nor land other bonus symbols during the free games.
- Vanilla. Unlocks at level 19. Awards you with a wonderful Belgian waffle and a cash prize.
- Aharon. Unlocks at level 23. A selection of 12 sour candies becomes available after blasting the bonus symbol cluster. 10 of the candies hide random cash prizes, while two can reveal a random multiplier. By selecting candies containing cash prizes, you will be given more tries, while revealing the multiplier will end the bonus game, applying it to the revealed cash prizes.
- Fudge. Unlocks at level 27. Gives 1 free winning round. All the prizes are multiplied by 10x during the free game.
There's also a special bonus available for all the monsters, called Mega Win. Blasting this bonus cluster will award you Mega Win Prize Wheel which can lead to outstanding rewards.
Where to play?
Monster Blast is already available on a large number of casinos all around the world, and we have a list of pleasant bonuses to offer you. All the casinos are scanned daily to provide you with the most lucrative and up to date bonuses, so you can scroll the page up and pick the preferred option or follow the link to play Monster Blast for real.
In case you still doubt if this title is worth your cash, you can check out the demo version at first here at SlotCatalog. Just scroll the page up to the game container and hit the 'Play for Free' button or follow the link to play Monster Blast for free.
The 100 Rounds Experience in Monster Blast
Unique setting and mechanics did really manage to raise enough interest in this game that the SlotCatalog team wanted to actually test it within 100 rounds and check out whether it could be exciting both on paper and in the real play.
With the bet set to 1$, we immediately started our sweet adventure in hope for some tasty wins and primarily for fun, of course. Everything started quite awesome actually as the first round let us to a 6.5x win and the second one was also a successful one with a 4.5x win. Only 3 rounds in play and already a new monster unlocked, and the first round with Noodle gave us 12 bucks win. However, not every round had been successful and we had been running out of moves not even managing to get 0.5x back fairly often. The other 96 spins felt like swings of ups and downs and we got back to zero surpluses in 30 rounds, however, by the end of our experiment we did manage to gain profit of 23$. We reached level 12 and only 5 monsters including the one we started with were unlocked until we reached 100 rounds. The feature tiles appeared quite often, though, the biggest win we managed to get was 19x of the bet.
In a nutshell, the 100 rounds in Monster Blast were fun and extremely interesting, though, remember to play carefully as it always depends on random and you can never know when you are going to succeed or lose your bankroll.
Monster Blast - Verdict
All up, Monster Blast in an extremely fun attraction, which combines regular slot features and match-3 games' mechanics. It's bright, colorful and entertaining, and doesn't require taking any serious risk. It won't win everyone's heart for sure, though, Skillzzgaming did a pretty great job on developing their game and the end result is definitely going to make some waves among slot enthusiasts and casino hounds.