East Coast vs West Coast slot review
East Coast vs West Coast Big Win Spotlight
Released a couple of weeks ago, the East Coast vs West Coast slot already pleases savvy gamblers with tremendous wins. Some lucky punter managed to get away with an insane 3,006x prize playing Nolimit City's slot at the late night of 10th January with a bet of €18 per spin. Here's a brief review of how did it happen.
- 5 bonus symbols landed and awarded 12 Coast to Coast Free Spins.
- Right from the first spin, the Enhancers started doing their magic, so it didn't take long for the first big win to occur. 3 xWays symbols revealed a bunch of 10s and resulted in a €486 win.
- The next spin ended up with a €181 win thanks to 4 Linked Reels but was followed by a bunch of dead spins.
- And again the 10s! The unfruitful spin sequence was stopped by an unbelievable win when 3 Linked Reels partially filled with 10s landed alongside the Infectious xWays symbol on reel 4. It revealed 3 10s and infected all other symbols, which brought a payout of €52,515!
- Enhancers unlocked 3x and 5x Multipliers on reels 1 and 5, and reel 2-3 became Linked. Once the reels stopped, a 5-of-a-kind combo of Js boosted by the 8x Multiplier led to a win of €405.
- On the following spin, the Enhancers revealed 4 Linked Reels and a 3x Multiplier, and a €254 prize was paid to the player. The subsequent spin failed to produce any winnings, and the last one ended up with a €259 win.
- After the Free Spins feature ended, a total win of €54,100 was announced.
NoLimit City is once again displaying their unique creative talents, with no signs of hitting the breaks anytime soon. East Coast vs West Coast pays homage to the hip hop golden era of the 1990s, and the graffiti-style visuals remind us of the equally in-your-face attitude of Punk Rocker.
Legends like Tupac and Notorious B.I.G got caught in the crossfire when the whole rap scene spiraled out of control back then. On a similar note, when the East Coast and West Coast bonus rounds combine, this game is certainly capable of spiraling out of control too, albeit in a good way. The base game doesn’t offer all that much excitement though, but impatient non-UK players can always go for the bonus buy option.
East Coast vs West Coast Slot Reel Screen
East Coast vs West Coast Slot Features
The massive 4-finger gold ring spells out wild, and it will step in for all regular pay symbols to help you form winning combos. You have plenty of features to look forward to in this game, including some brand new NoLimit City innovations.
Modifiers (called Enhancers in-game) don’t land in the base game however, and you’ll need scatters to trigger all features. Land only 2 scatters to trigger the Drive-By Respin feature, and this gives you 1 respin with a randomly selected modifier. The following 5 modifiers can appear in the horizontal top bonus reel:
- xWays mystery symbols – transform themselves into 2-3 matching symbols, expanding the reels and increasing the number of win ways.
- xNudge Wilds – nudge fully in place either up or down, with each nudge increasing the wild multiplier by +1. xNudge Wild multipliers will combine their respective values if more than 1 appears in a winning combo.
- Symbol Multipliers – will multiply symbols to expand the reels and generate more win ways. More than one will multiply their values.
- Linked reels – at least 2 reels sync up, landing matching symbols.
- Infectious xWays – spreads to all other instances of the revealed symbol, expanding them in a similar fashion.
You win 8 or 10 Free Spins when you land 3 or 4 scatters anywhere in sight. You will then get to choose between West Coast Spins or East Coast Spins. Each mode comes with unique modifiers, and landing 5 scatters combine the 2 features into the Coast to Coast free spins mode.
You can also unlock the Coast to Coast Spins from within each of the 2 regular bonus rounds. This is done by landing scatters that unlock positions on the top horizontal bonus reel. Each scatter also provides +2 extra spins, and 1 of the 2 blocked positions unlock. Here is a an overview what’s on offer in each of the 3 bonus rounds:
- West Coast Spins (the 2 leftmost bonus reel positions are blocked) - come with xWays, xNudge Wilds, Multipliers and Linked Reels, but no Infectious xWays.
- East Coast Spins (the 2 rightmost bonus reel positions are blocked) - come with at least one Infectious xWays symbol on each spin.
- Coast to Coast Spins - comes with 2 of 5 unique modifiers on each spin. All 5 bonus reel positions are unblocked, and you get 12 free spins.
As usual from this developer, non-UK players have a bonus buy option. You can purchase the East or West Coast spins for 80x your stake, or grab the Coast to Coast experience by laying down 420x your stake.
The 200 Spins East Coast vs West Coast Slot Experience
We had a blast testing this game, and it was hard to stop playing and get back to other pressing business. Even though this reviewer was never “hip” to the Hip hop scene, we still got a nostalgic kick from the soundtrack and visuals on display in this game. You can get a taste of the action, and check out how we fared, in the edited highlights video below.
We don’t know if NoLimit City plans to release a new contestant to the slot of the year awards every month in 2021, but that’s what they have been doing so far. East Coast vs West Coast blends the visual style of Punk Rocker with the gangsta vibe of San Quentin xWays, and it’s done in such a convincing way that even people who can’t stand Hip hop will be able to enjoy what’s on offer here.
The only drawback is the rather uneventful base game. Grinding around in the ghetto with the occasional Drive-By Respins can take a toll on both your patience and your bankroll. The East Coast bonus rounds seem a tad unbalanced at first glance, but the Infectious xWays symbols can be quite effective on their own. What you really want is the Coast to Coast roller-coaster, as this is a truly epic, explosive and unpredictable thrill-ride that can lead to massive payouts hovering above 30,000x your stake.
- Drive-By Respins with 1 of 5 modifiers
- East Coast free spins with Infectious xWays
- West Coast free spins with 1 of 4 random modifiers
- Coast to Coast spins with 2 modifiers per spin
- Win up to 30,618x your stake
- No bonus buy for UK players
If you love East Coast vs West Coast Slot you should also try:
Punk Rocker - is visually similar to the game at hand, and the rebellious spirit runs strong in this one too. You will benefit from xWays mystery symbols, as well as respins with sticky wilds. Both of the 2 bonus rounds come with 5 unique modifiers, and you can win up to 15,072x your stake.
Pimped - is a highly volatile bling-infused Hip hop title from Play’n Go, and it’s the only other notable rap-themed slot we know of. The MTV Crib lifestyle is on full display here, and you can look forward to a Win Spin bonus round that can lead to payouts up to 10,000x.
San Quentin xWays - is a bit more hardcore than the game at hand, featuring an insane max win of 150,000x your stake. Tattooed convicts riot in the jumping wilds Lockdown bonus round, and Enhancer Cells can open to unlock xWays mystery symbols and Razor Split symbols.